All of our jewels are 18-karat gold, a highly pure and durable gold alloy perfect for creating jewellery and 100% handcrafted in Italy.
Each Mattioli jewel is made to be worn everyday and on every occasion.
Here we would like to share with you some simple caring actions to preserve the beauty of your jewels over time:
- Keep your jewels away from harsh chemicals and products.
- Remember to always remove your jewels before bathing, swimming, and cleaning.
- Do not wear your jewels in the pool or sea: salt and chlorinated water can make the shine and the colors fade (especially with gemstones of organic nature such as mother of pearls).
- Store your jewels in soft jewellery bags or boxes to prevent them from scratching and tangling with each other.
- To clean your gold jewellery we recommend to turn to a professional cleaning, since the process may be delicate for those items set with gemstones and diamonds. If you wish to do it at home we advise you to use warm water, a PH-neutral decreasing soap and a soft cloth. Always remember to dry the jewel completely before putting it away.
- To clean your mother of pearls (Puzzle and Siriana) we recommend against the use of soap, chemicals or any product which may affect the colors. Since the mother of pearl is an organic material it has a natural porous structure which requires a particular attention. Only clean your mother of pearls with a soft dry cloth.
- Gemstones do not need any particular maintenance but are delicate and need to be properly cared in order to avoid knocks which may permanently damage them. Avoiding contacts with chemicals such as cosmetic products, fragrances, soaps, detergents, chlorine or chlorinated water, sudden temperature changes and prolonged exposure to the sun are good habits to keep the beauty of the gemstones over time.
- Jewels set with diamonds worn on a daily use can appear like they’ve lost their sparkle if not cleaned on a regular basis. This is absolutely normal. We suggest to turn to a local jeweller for a professional cleaning. If you wish to clean your jewellery at home remember to avoid hard rubbing with brushes and harsh chemicals. A simple PH-neutral degreasing soap and warm water will bring your diamonds shine back. Always remember to allow the jewel to dry completely.